Southland is one of the South East's top transportation companies offering employees growth and training opportunities in a professional, fast paced working environment. Family owned and operated, when you work with Southland you get the best of both worlds: a company that's big enough to provide the technology and opportunities you need, but small enough that we know you by name. Do you yearn to join a dedicated team of professionals? Help move America by enabling us to deliver on our vision and connect with our values-driven culture.
We are seeking a Brokerage Operations Coordinator to grow with us for 1st shift essential employment in our Knoxville, TN office. This position is a 40-hour work week on a traditional 1st shift schedule in a fast-paced work environment. A Brokerage Operations Coordinator provides internal and external customer support for our Knoxville brokerage team. This position proactively monitors, coordinates and provides essential reports on behalf of accounts to ensure we deliver our industry leading supply chain solutions to our valued customers. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of relationship building among diverse partners to deliver creative solutions that meet our customers needs. The ideal candidate will be well versed in communicating complex ideas to both external and internal stakeholders via phone, e-mail, and chat, while having the ability to critically think and solve unique problems.
Competitive compensation package is offered that includes rapid career advancement, aggressive bonus compensation plans that you determine.
Please include CV/resume in .DOC or .PDF format for consideration.
Role Functions May Include:
- Providing accurate information regarding all services
- Assisting and authoring the development of customer solutions
- Monitoring shipment information while providing updates to stakeholders
- Providing prompt updates to all stakeholders of service options, conflict mediations and asset allocation
- Preserve open lines of communication with both external and internal stakeholders
- Use multiple programs and systems in support of stakeholders
- Arbitrate stakeholder opportunities to the Business Development team
- Communicate pickup and delivery orders to partner carrier representatives
- Collect proof of delivery and shipment specific documentation
- Exhibit a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment
- Collaborate in a team setting to accomplish departmental goals
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
This Role is Ideal for Someone that is:
- Flexible – Enjoys doing tasks that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Stress Tolerant – Thrives in a high pressure environment
- A Negotiator – Ability to develop relationships quickly and at all levels.
- Organized – Ability to prioritize workload/multi-task
- Outgoing – Enjoys interacting with people across all communication mediums
- Technology Savvy – Comfortable using multiple applications on a PC Computer.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Attention to Detail is crucial.
- Time Management Skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
Benefits (waiting period may apply)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus Program
- Vision Insurance
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday - 8AM-5PM - 8 Hour Shift
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent (minimum)
Work Location: One location (in person, not remote)
Pay Determined by Attitude and Experience
Company Website: www.southlandtransportation.com
Southland Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Job applications are kept on file for 30 days. After 30 days, or if you are applying for a different position, you must complete a new application to be considered for a position.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender's list to ensure you get all communications during the application and interview process.