Apply direct by clicking this link!
We are seeking a Yard Switcher for 2nd shift essential employment at our Gastonia, NC operation. This position is a 40-hour + work week shift in a fast-paced work environment. It will allow you to lend your individual talents to a team setting.
Qualified candidates will have at least 5 years of truck driving experience, preferably OTR. Job duties will include but not limited to frequent drop and hook of empty and loaded trailers between distribution center docks and drop yard. Must have the ability to lift at least 50lbs. Frequent in and out of truck cab in all weather types for 24 Hour round the clock operation. The ability to back trailers accurately into tight spots is a critical job function.
- 2 years verifiable experience within last 3 years
- Not cited for a D.O.T. defined accident in the previous 3 years
- Valid Class A Commercial Drivers License
- Shift: 1st (On Duty Hours 6:15AM-1:45PM)
- Home Time: Home Daily
- Alternating Shifts - Monday through Wednesday one month, next month Thursday through Saturday
- Pay: $23.52/hr
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Slipseated Yard Switcher/Day Cab Equipment
- Operating Area: Gastonia, NC
Benefits for Driver
- 401K with matching company contribution
- Unlimited Driver Referral Program - $1000 per hired driver
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Vacation Time after 1 year of service
- 100% No Touch Freight
- No Hazmat Loads
- $50 Safety Bonus with every clean inspection
Southland Transportation is one of the South East's top trucking companies offering both the opportunity for drivers to make a comfortable income and enjoy time with their families. This unique local position allows drivers to be home daily. Family owned and operated, when you work with Southland you get the best of both worlds: a company that's big enough to provide the technology and service your needs, but small enough that we know you by name. Our drivers enjoy the benefits of a financially stable and secure company that is committed to providing their drivers with the support they need to succeed while balancing work hours and home time.
Southland Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Job applications are kept on file for 30 days. After 30 days, or if you are applying for a different position, you must complete a new application to be considered for a position.