Southland is one of the South East's top transportation companies offering employees growth and training opportunities in a professional, fast paced working environment. Family owned and operated, when you work with Southland you get the best of both worlds: a company that's big enough to provide the technology and opportunities you need, but small enough that we know you by name. Do you yearn to join a dedicated team of professionals? Help move America by enabling us to deliver on our vision and connect with our values-driven culture.
We are seeking a Benefits Administrator to grow with us for 1st shift essential employment in our Boonville, NC office. This position is a 40-hour work week on a traditional 1st shift schedule in a fast-paced work environment.
Please include CV/resume in .DOC or .PDF format for consideration.
Role Functions May Include:
- Maintain and update employee records and benefits files.
- Serve as primary contact for external plan vendors.
- Keep informed of federal, state, and local laws/regulations, corporate guidelines,to ensure benefit plan/policy compliance.
- Provide customer service to our team members and their families with questions pertaining to health, dental/vision, and wellness program requirements.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing and resolution including, but not limited to, changes, enrollments, terminations, claims processing, COBRA, FMLA, and disability in a timely manner.
- Create HR files for new hires.
- Assist with the open enrollment process.
- Coordinate benefits contributions with the payroll department.
- Administer day to day operations of all benefits plans.
- Exhibit a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of HR files, records, and claims at all times.
- Suggest new procedures and policies for continuous improvement of the efficiency of the HR departments and organization as whole to improve the employees’ experience.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
This Role is Ideal for Someone that is:
- Detail Oriented
- Organized – Ability to prioritize workload/multi-task
- Outgoing – Enjoys interacting with people across all communication mediums
- Technology Savvy – Comfortable using multiple applications on a PC Computer.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Attention to Detail is crucial.
- Time Management Skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
Benefits (waiting period may apply)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus Program
- Vision Insurance
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday - 8AM-5PM - 8 Hour Shift
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent (minimum)
Work Location: One location (in person, not remote). May be eligible for hybrid work once training is completed.
Pay Determined by Attitude and Experience
Company Website: www.southlandtransportation.com
Southland Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Job applications are kept on file for 30 days. After 30 days, or if you are applying for a different position, you must complete a new application to be considered for a position.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender's list to ensure you get all communications during the application and interview process.