Southland Transportation is a vested and rapidly growing full-service transportation provider with offices nationwide. Last year we handled the logistics for some of America’s largest companies.
We are seeking a Billing & Settlement Specialist to grow with us for 1st shift essential employment in our Boonville, NC office. This position is a 40-hour work week on a traditional Monday through Friday schedule in a fast-paced work environment. It will allow you to lend your individual talents to a team setting. Is this the career for you?
Qualified candidates will learn to take on certain financial and non-financial tasks to help our company maintain its revenues and accurately pay our drivers. You will have to process incoming documents, review for accuracy, and invoice accordingly per guidelines negotiated with our customers along with verifying driver pay information.
A competitive compensation package is offered that includes career advancement opportunities, a full benefits package (BCBS Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, supplemental life insurance coverage) along with a 401(k) with employer match.
Billing & Settlement Specialist responsibilities are:
- Receive and organize incoming shipment documents, performing verification of credibility.
- Prepare and post bills, invoices, and receipts along with driver payroll data, accordingly, for each order/load.
- Monitor the status of accounts and balances, checking them for inconsistencies.
- Verify the validity of debit accounts.
- Manage the accounts receivable data, adding new accounts or missed payments into the database.
- Prepare detailed and informative reports on billing activity.
Billing & Settlement Specialist requirements are:
- 1-2 years' experience in a Billing Specialist position preferred.
- Previous experience in transportation industry preferred, but willing to train qualified candidate.
- Solid experience of working with numerical data and processing financial information.
- Working knowledge of accounting standards and relevant legal regulations.
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, and ability to learn other essential software (TMW Trimble, Sage, etc.) quickly.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail is an essential job skill.
- High school Equivalency (Minimum), Associates Degree or higher preferred.
Southland Transportation is one of the South East's top trucking companies offering employees growth and training opportunities in a professional, fast paced working environment. Family owned and operated - when you work with Southland you get the best of both worlds: a company that is large enough to provide the technology and opportunities you need, but small enough to know you by name.
Southland Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Job applications are kept on file for 30 days. After 30 days, or if you are applying for a different position, you must complete a new application to be considered for a position.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender's list to ensure you get all communications during the application and interview process.